Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Turkey, carrot, and smashed potatoes (dairy free)

Well, last night's dinner was turkey, carrot, and smashed potatoes. The potatoes were dairy-free as I'm not sure Boo can handle dairy. He's had an awful rash on his bum which I think could be from the accidental dairy he had the other day. It's looking a lot better now though.

The turkey he just kind of sucked on and spat out once he had gotten his sucking enjoyment out of it. He's a pro at the steamed carrot by now. In fact, that's the first thing he went for. I loaded his spoon with the potato, but he seemed to prefer to grab at the potato with his hands. He especially enjoyed biting on his spoon. It's the kind of spoon that has a soft end, so it probably feels great on his gums.

Anyways, I have to admit that cleaning food up night after night gets to be a bit much sometimes. It's times like that where I wonder, "Wouldn't a puree be less messy? Sure he'd get it on his chin and stuff, but not all over his body or the floor (or splashmat in our case)." But it's one of the realities of BLW. And Boo really really enjoys it. So I couldn't see another way for us. I do love that it fits right into natural life for us. I don't have to slave away making homemade purees on the weekends. That parts kind of nice. So BLW has its pros and cons. I personally think the pros outweigh the cons though.

No comments: