Monday, February 25, 2008

Ham

Well, we did ham for dinner. Today was my first day at work since Boo's arrival and in the interest of making it easy on myself I threw a bunch of ham and cannelini beans with some water in a crockpot this morning and let it stew all day. I gave Boo some of the ham. Honestly it wasn't a great choice. I think the ham was way too salty. I didn't add any salt, but I cooked it with the bone for maximum flavor and it turned out pretty salty. I don't think Boo ate enough of it for this to be a problem, but I think I'm going to hold off on ham for quite some time. He really wasn't that interested in eating tonight either. Usually he's so excited. He got his usual initial excitement, but it died out really quickly. I think it had to do with me going back to work today. Today was my first day back at work and Boo was really anxious to see me. He kept trying to grab my hand and play with it and was more interested in me than the food. So his excitement with his food died away quickly and he signaled me to let him out. His signal usually consists of rocking in his chair and ignoring his food. So it's just as well since ham wasn't a great choice in the first place. So we just had a short dinner with lots of quality time and cuddles afterwards.

No comments: