Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hudson's Baked Tilapia with Dill Sauce

Seafood for dinner. We had baked tilapia with dill sauce and a side of steamed carrots. Mmmm...yummy. I think Boo liked it. I felt like tilapia was a nice choice for a first fish. Extremely low in mercury, so safe on that front. There's a website where you can find the mercury content of different seafood items and what amount is appropriate for your weight.

Got Mercury Website

The tilapia had cajun seasoning and lemon on it. Boo didn't seem to mind the spicy cajun seasoning. A boy after his mamma's heart! The dill sauce had dairy in it. We were holding off on dairy due to concerns with food sensitivities, but I gave him some of the sauce without thinking about it (bad mommy moment). And he seems fine so far, so maybe he's gotten a lot more tolerant of it. I'm not about to break out the milk though. Of course, with all that I've read about cow's milk, I'm not sure that I ever want to touch raw milk ever again - let alone let Boo have it. So we'll see on that one. Of course, sour cream is still a dairy product. Anywho, I'm straying from the topic at hand. Here's a link to the recipe that I used:

Allrecipes Tilapia Recipe




No comments: