Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Turkey and Sweet Potato Steak Fries

Well, sorry I missed posting a couple of days. But there was nothing really exciting going on in the food department anyways. Well, he did try a bit of wheat toast with banana on it over the weekend. He seemed to like it. I smeared the banana on as a spread and left a dry bit for a handle. Of course he grabbed the mushy end!

Anyways, last night was turkey and sweet potato steak fries. I just cut my sweet potatoes like I would for regular steak fries and put them in the oven with a bit of salt and pepper and coconut oil. I forgot to leave the salt out. Oops. Oh well. I'm not too worried. It wasn't much. Babies are supposed to stay under 1 gram of salt a day. I know that he had nowhere near that much. The turkey was a turkey steak that we got from the meat department at the grocery store. I tore him some strips that he could pick up and eat. At this point he still mostly sucks on his meat. I tried tearing it into smaller pieces to test and see how his pincer grasp is coming. He's not really there yet, so we'll continue with the chip shape.

No comments: