Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hummus - Face

I have been trying in vain to get the digital camera to load to the computer and it won't do it. We think I may have accidentally deleted the software to make it work. Oops. I wanted to show off Boo's little hummus-face so badly.

We had quite the time this meal. Boo had hummus and mashed potato and green beans. He ate with a spoon for the first time and wouldn't you know that my little genius held his spoon and moved the end with the food right into his mouth! I was so proud. Granted, he didn't do that everytime, but he did it quite a few times. I helped him load the spoon a couple of times. But he attempted to do this for himself too. What a smartie! Anyways, he made some funny faces at the hummus but he kept eating it. So I take that to mean that he liked it. He's still working on those green beans. He definitely hasn't figured out how to make much progress with them as far as chewing and swallowing. For now he's content to suck on them and spit them back out. However, he didn't gag on the green beans as much. He actually gagged more on the softer foods, the smashed potatoes and the hummus. He is very new to this eating thing though and I think he's really enjoying it. He gets very excited everytime I put food in front of him.

I made the hummus at home.

Tahini
Chickpeas
Garlic
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice

I couldn't find salt-free chickpeas and I was too lazy to buy the garbanzo beans that I would have to soak, so I picked the cans with the least amount of sodium.

Once again, if I figure this camera out I'll load picks. If not, oh well. I'm hoping that I do though. His hummus potato face was so cute. I am longing for a highchair though. *sigh*

No comments: