Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Reflecting on the Journey

Boo is now 17 months old. He eats a variety of foods with a variety of textures and flavors. I have always offered a variety of things, whether they appeared "kid friendly" or not. The one alteration I make is that things are not as spicy as I would like them. This is both for the benefit of my husband and for Boo. Boo has tried spicy salsas and stuff though when I have them out. And I would say it's looking like he's going to take after his mama in that department!

Would I do BLW again? Absolutely. Boo always has been in charge of what goes into his mouth. He's always been able to select from his tray what he wants. If he doesn't eat much of a certain meal or even on a certain day he makes up for it. I've never had a problem with Boo being able to handle a food that he could get into his mouth. If it was something he wasn't ready to swallow he just spit it out after tasting it. No harm done. Granted, some obvious hazards were not given to him. It does require some common sense.

We will continue with BLW and the spirit of BLW will live long after he's weaned. I hope that food continues to feel adventurous to him and that he continues to live tasting a wide variety of foods.

No comments: